A total of 85 panel members of the House of Representatives of the Philippines were present to cast their votes whether or not to allow ABS-CBN to renew its franchise on July 10, 2020. Along with the 46 regular members were 36 ex-officio members who either were physically present or attended virtually via the Zoom app.
The Philippines’ House Committee on Legislative Franchises was chaired by Palawan representative Franz Alvarez. They need 43 votes to get the majority to deny the franchise application ABS-CBN to construct, install, establish, operate and maintain radio and broadcasting stations in the Philippines.
One abstained from voting, two voted to inhibit and 70 voted against ABS-CBN’s application for a 25-year license. Here are the 11 congressmen who voted for the television network’s franchise renewal:
- Batangas 4th District’s Lianda Bolilia
- Batangas 6th District’s Vilma Santos-Recto
- Camarines Sur 3rd District’s Gabriel Bordado Jr.
- Laguna 3rd District’s Sol Aragones
- Manila 4th District’s Edward Vera Perez Maceda
- Manila 6th District’s Bienvenido Abante Jr.
- Marikina 2nd District’s Stella Luz Quimbo
- Pangasinan 4th District’s Christopher “Toff” De Venecia
- Basilan’s Mujiv Hataman
- North Cotabato 3rd District’s Jose “Ping-Ping” Tejada
- Bayan Muna party-list’s Carlos Isagani Zarate
Check the complete list on Conan Daily.